Fylfot Public School believes every child different and has a something trying to come out of their free minds. The school engages each student in clubs specially designed for them.
- Creative Writing Club - The school has a creative writing club that offers the children an opportunity to share their love of language and stories and to hone their own writing and storytelling skills. The children go through an imaginative learning experience and create something magical.
- Social Service Club - This Club undertakes different ventures in the service of the less privileged with the noble objective that the students should experience the lives of the needy, empathize with them so that they may later dedicate themselves to the service of society. The students have done great service through various activities like visiting the slum areas educating them and distributing food and clothes.
The Plantation Program is also conducted every year the saplings are planted in different areas of Dehradun with a lot of zeal and enthusiasm. During this program the children indulged in a variety of activities including a survey, poster making and awareness program.
There are several other important events that are organized to sensitize the students about their social responsibility.
- Other Clubs - The school has various other clubs such as Mathematics club, Science & Technology club, Performing Arts Club, Broadcaster’s Club & Literature Club. The activities conducted in these clubs help the children in developing their unique style of thinking and expressing themselves.
Skill development workshops
Horse-riding is an exceptionally rewarding activity that children wait for the whole year. Aside from the obvious benefits of good physical exercise in the great outdoors, horse riding installs many other intrinsic qualities in our kids, including:-
- A life long love of horses that brings different rewards at different stages of childhood
- An inspiring and positive reason to keep active
- Good co-ordination and balance skills
- Improved social skills
- Confidence - learning to ride and care for an animal that's twice their size can really empower children.
The students of the school understand this fact and are devoted in doing everything they can to keep the art alive. The students are taught the holistic process from preparing the clay for modeling to getting the desired result with or without using the potter's wheel to the art of drying the models in the sun and in the oven. They members display their models during the exhibitions and prizes are given away to the best models.
The school gives other workshops on paper Mache, tie – die, mushroom cultivation, computer hardware, puppet making, time line, pottery, cyber security, time management, stress handling ,etc. Children eagerly wait for the workshop month.
Conferences are usually composed of various presentations. They tend to be short and concise, with a time span of about 10 to 30 minutes; presentations are usually followed by a discussion. The work may be bundled in written form as academic papers and published as the conference proceedings.
Usually a conference will include keynote speakers (often, scholars of some standing, but sometimes individuals from outside academia. Children from different schools are invited to attend the conference. The guest speakers are always the renowned personalities
Various conferences are conducted every year by students. Last year’s conferences were such as
- Drink & Drug
- Health & Life Style
- Gender Sensitivity
- Indian Constitution
- Artificial intelligence
- Traffic Rules
School trips and tours
Every year the students are taken for a adventure camp. So far they have been taken for a trekking camp to ABVIMAS near Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh, NIM, Panchmarhi, MP on an adventure cum Leadership training Course &Pangoot, Nanital for rope courses &bird watching.
These trips are conducted to enhance a sense of environmental awareness, self-esteem and comradeship. The program includes Para - sailing, flying fox, horse riding, rock climbing, rappelling, trekking and rope courses. They visited the most fascinating sights of Panchmarhi.
Many children have received National Certificates for excellent performance in these camps. These trips are always very exciting and memorable.
Cultural & Educational Tours
The children always wait for the annual educational tours conducted in the month of may. Every year the school represents the Uttarakhand state in the National Integration Camps conducted in the southern part of the country. It is always fun to visit, various places of historical interest, amusement parks and beaches of South India.
A healthy mind in a healthy body” is the motto followed by the school. In keeping this motto the school encourages its students to actively take up sports, indoor as well as outdoor and provides them the necessary infrastructure for